Discover Mexico with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to take a refreshing dip in the crystal-clear sinkholes of Cenotes, visit the home of the iconic Frida Kahlo, or visit the most famous of the Maya cities - Chichen Itza, The Rough Guide to Mexico will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
- Provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Mexico
- Practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Mexico City, Acapulco and many more locations
- Fabulous full-colour photography: including the sprawling chasms of the Copper Canyon and the remarkable Palacio de Bellas Artes
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Guanajuato, Mexico City and Merida's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette
- Background information: history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Mexico City; Around Mexico City; Acapulco and the Pacific beaches; Inland Jalisco and Michoacan; The Bajio; Veracruz; The north; The northwest and Copper Canyon; Baja California; Oaxaca; Chiapas and Tabasco; The Yucatan all budgets.
Updated edition Sep 2019