Northern New England is a classic American destination: iconic landscapes such as the rocky Maine coast, Vermont's Green Mountains, and New Hampshire's Lake District are all made for exploring. This full-color guide will help travelers plan the perfect trip, from leaf peeping and skiing to antiquing and fine dining.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on the Appalachian Trail, Fall Foliage, and Maine's Lighthouses
· Coverage of Montpelier, Stowe, Burlington, Lake Champlain, the White Mountains, Hanover, Manchester, Portsmouth, Portland, Kennebunk, Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor, and more.
Updated edition Mar 2017