Lonely Planet Finland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop for the best in Scandinavian design, fizz across Lapland behind a team of huskies, and warm up in a traditional sauna; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Finland and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Sami, Finnish culture, Finnish design
- Over 53 maps
- Covers Helsinki, Turku & the South Coast, Aland Archipelago, Tampere, Pirkanmaa & Hame, the Lakeland, Karelia, West Coast, Oulu, Kainuu & Koillismaa, Lapland and more.
Updated edition May 2018