Explore vibrant cities like Johannesburg, hike to the top of Table Mountain, sip on a glass of world-class wine in Stellenbosch or Franschhoek, and chase the Big Five in the legendary Kruger National Park. This South Africa travel guide is all you need to inspire every step of your journey.
• A pick of South Africa’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems.
• A field guide with information on animals, terrain, flora and conservation.
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay.
• Detailed maps and walks that make navigating the country easy.
• Easy-to-follow itineraries.
• Expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe.
• Color-coded chapters to every part of South Africa, from Cape Town to Johannesburg and Gauteng, the Arid Northwest to the Garden Route.
From vibrant city life and abundant wildlife to rugged vistas and beautiful beaches, this vast and diverse country offers so many travel possibilities you'll be spoil for choice! This indispensable guide to South Africa offers you everything you need to know about the country's animals, terrain and flora as well as information on local conservation efforts.
Updated edition Dec 2021