Lonely Planet's Egypt is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wonder at the construction of the Pyramids of Giza, wander through the columned halls of the great temple complexes of Luxor, and dive through an underwater world of coral cliffs and colourful fish in the Red Sea - all with your trusted travel companion.
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local
- Essential info - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems
- Cultural insights covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Cairo & Around, the Nile Delta, Suez Canal, Sinai, Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast, Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert, Northern Nile Valley, Luxor, Southern Nile Valley, Red Sea Coast.
Updated edition Jul 2018