Earth Then and Now: Amazing Images of Our Changing World
Description:Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Firefly Books Second Edition, Updated and Revised edition (Sep 2 2010)
300 stunning before-and-after photographs that show the staggering transformation of our world.
Earth Then and Now records the dramatic way our planet has changed over the past century. On one page is a specific part of the world as it was 10, 50 or even 100 years ago. On the facing page is the same place as it looks today. Each stark visual comparison tells a compelling story -- a melting glacier, an expanding desert, an encroaching cityscape, a natural disaster.
Additions to the second edition include these important scenes:
* Before and after the January 2010 earthquake in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
* The movement of land masses due to the February 2010 Chilean earthquake
* Before and after the fires in South Australia in 2009
* Development in New Orleans since the hurricane
* The destruction of the Amazon rain forest for farming
Concise captions explain the facts and then allow the reader to draw personal conclusions. Anyone concerned about the environment will enjoy and appreciate Earth Then and Now.