Fodor's Essential Costa Rica 3e
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently.
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, activities, and more.
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “Costa Rica’s Best Beaches” “Costa Rica’s Best Eco-Lodges” and more.
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, cuisine, and more.
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “What to Watch and Read Before You Visit,” “What to Eat and Drink,” “Surfing Costa Rica,” “Coffee, the Golden Bean,” and “Canopy Tours”.
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems.
- SPANISH-LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Manuel Antonio, San José, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Arenal, the Nicoya Peninsula, Guanacaste, Poas Volcano, Corcovado National Park, Tortuguero, surfing, beaches, sloth sanctuaries, and more.
Updated edition Dec 2020