101 Amazing Places Away from the Tourist Trail: Explore a secret mountainous kingdom in Africa, an underwater museum in Australia, a medieval fairy tale town in Europe.
Avoid fighting for space for a sunrise snap at Angkor Wat and instead wander the more peaceful ‘lost city’ of Banteay Chhmar; skip the long queues at the pyramids of Giza and stroll through the dazzling Roman ruins of North Africa's Djemila; bypass America’s overcrowded Grand Canyon and catch a fiery sunset at Goosenecks Overlook in Capitol Reef National Park.
- 100 lesser-known cities, regions and countries with chapters covering Africa and the Middle East, Asia, the Americas, Europe and Oceania
- Amazing crowd-free experiences
- Go if you like comparisons offering magnificent alternatives to over-populated sites and landmarks
- Insider knowledge on how your visit can make a positive impact on local businesses
- Expert advice on why you should go, when you should go and how to get thereÂ
- Helpful tips for first-time travellers
- Presented in a beautiful hardcover format with striking photography, practical planning information and handy maps.
Updated edition Nov 2022