Discover Korea with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to wander between bustling markets and malls in Seoul, island-hop the West Sea archipelago or set foot in infamous Pyongyang, The Rough Guide to Korea will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour chapter maps throughout - to find your way amid Seoul's maze of skyscrapers or discover Busan's bustling fish markets without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and experiences in Korea.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed coverage - this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
- Areas covered: Seoul, Pyongyang, Sokcho, Gyeongju, Busan,Incheon, Suwon, Mokpo, Jeju Island, Danyang, Jeonju, Samcheok, Jeongdongjin.
- Attractions include: the DMZ, Gwangjang Market, Jirisan National Park, West Sea islands, Changdeokgung, SeoraksanNational Park, Guinsa, Kumsusan Memorial Palace of the Sun, Pyongyang WaterPark.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, the media, festivals, sports, culture, etiquette and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, religion, film, books and contemporary Korea, as well as a helpful language section and glossary.
Updated edition Nov 2018