Fodor’s Rome travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of Rome, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to tour the Roman Forum, explore the Vatican, or marvel at the Colosseum, this user-friendly guidebook will help you plan it all out.
- AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE captures the top highlights of Rome
- SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including on Ancient Rome, the Sistine Chapel, and the Campo de’Fiori.
- INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help maximize your time.
- PULLOUT MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
- PRACTICAL TIPS include: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; and basic Italian phrases.
- LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best walking tours.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- COVERS: Vatican City, the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, the Pantheon,Trastevere, Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, and more.
Updated edition Aug 2019