An unbeatable, pocket-sized guide to Beijing, packed with insider tips and ideas, color maps, and top 10 lists. Experience imperial splendor at the Forbidden City, the spectacular beauty of Lama Temple, discover the grand Summer Palace, or walk a section of the Great Wall of China.
- Eight easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists showcase the best attractions in Beijing, covering the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Ming Tombs, Great Wall of China, etc.
- Laminated pull-out map of Beijing, plus seven full-color area maps
- In-depth area guides explore Beijing's most interesting neighborhoods, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
- Color-coded chapters divided by area make it easy to find information quickly
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful transportation, visa, and health information
- Covers Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City, Eastern Beijing, Western Beijing, North of the Forbidden city, and more
Updated edition Oct 2019