Compiled by a team of outdoor enthusiasts, this book is packed with ideas for your next hiking trip. Awe-inspiring images and compelling descriptions of each trail will have you itching to get walking, while handy maps, elevation profiles, and practical information – including things like distance and total elevation gain – will help you plan the nitty-gritty of your trip. We’ve also included the best places to explore en route – whether that’s lunch spots, epic viewpoints, or nearby must-see sights – as well as suggestions for alternative ways to tackle a trail. Hike is your ticket to the adventure of a lifetime.
- Practical top tips for getting the most out of each hike - including recommended stops, viewpoints en route, and how to make the hike shorter/longer depending on how much time you have.
- Organized Chapters: Hikes are arranged within each chapter geographically, and include the distance and total ascent to help readers to find a suitable route.
- Includes maps and elevation profiles
- Covers 125 hikes, from straightforward day, walks to epic cross-country treks
- A carefully curated selection of rides, chosen by hiking and travel experts
- Each chapter covers a different continent (North America, Central, and South America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, Asia, Australasia)
Updated edition Jun 2022