From the waterfalls of Kauai’s Napali coast to the tests of the Appalachian Trail, 100 Trails, 5,000 Ideas highlights the preeminent hiking treks across the United States and Canada, including the best scenic overlooks, camping sites, and off-trail activities.
- Tips for exploring Washington’s Elliott Bay Trail along the Seattle Waterfront
- Routes for hiking the Grand Canyon, rim to rim, in Arizona
- Advice for conquering Wisconsin’s “Ice Age” Trail
- The fascinating history behind Georgia’s Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield Trail
- The best way to see the falls along New York’s Niagara Falls Gorge Trails
- How to trek the Plain of the Six Glaciers in Banff National Park
- And so much more!
Updated edition Feb 2023