The Rough Guide to Australia will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
- Detailed regional coverage: from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Australia
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: including the stunning landscapes of the Kimberley and desolate beauty of the sacred Uluru (aka Ayers Rock)
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Melbourne, Bondi Beach and Victoria's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture, shopping and more
- Background information: history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Sydney and around; New South Wales and the ACT; Coastal Queensland; Outback Queensland; Northern Territory; Western Australia; South Australia; Melbourne and around; Victoria; Tasmania
Updated edition Dec 2019