Lonely Planet Alaska is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wonder at epic glaciers, spot bears the size of bison, or catch the midnight sun in the Arctic Circle all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Alaska and begin your journey now!
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, wildlife, Alaska Natives, Alaska Natives' art, Alaska Natives' culture, landscapes, literature, politics, economy, environmental issues, exploration, regional identity, lifestyle, sports, cinema, music, tv, arts, crafts, climate
- Free, convenient pull-outAlaska map (included in print version), plus over 60 color maps
- Covers Juneau, the Southeast, Anchorage, Prince William Sound, Kenai Peninsula, Denali, the Interior, Kodiak, Katmai, Southwest Alaska, The Bush and more.
Updated edition May 2018