Lonely Planet Discover Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See the might of ancient Rome; discover the wonder of a city of marble built on a lagoon in Venice; string it all together with the freshest food and finest wine imaginable, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Italy and begin your journey now!
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Italian way of life culture, Italian design
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate your destination
- Covers Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Milan, Venice, Italian Lakes, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sardinia, Sicily, and more.
Updated edition May 2018