There's no better introduction to Italy than the classic itinerary of Rome, Florence and Venice. But it's not dummy-proof, which is why we enlisted three of the world's most knowledgeable Italy experts to pen this totally revised and updated annual guide. Their helpful advice and honest, opinionated recommendations will allow you to find the hidden gems that other visitors miss, avoid crowds and lines and, most importantly: plan the vacation of a lifetime.
* Useful maps throughout, including a detachable foldout map
* Detailed itineraries to help you make the most of your time while avoiding the crowds and lines
* Can't-miss experiences that let you appreciate Italian culture, history, and cuisine like a local
* Rewarding day trips to fascinating destinations such as Pompeii, Verona, and the Tuscan countryside
* Candid reviews of the best places to eat, shop, stay, and sample the nightlife in each city, and in all price ranges
* Accurate, up-to-date info on prices, transportation, addresses, and everything else you'll need to plan your trip