Lonely Planet Coastal California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get to know the rocky Big Sur coast like the locals do, hug the world's tallest tree in Redwood National and State Parks, or take a tour of biodynamic vineyards and sample new vintages in the Napa and Sonoma wine country; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Coastal California and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, customs, lifestyle, visual arts, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, earthquakes, cuisine, wine
- Covers San Francisco, Marin County, Bay Area, San Jose, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Coastal Highway 1, Redwood Coast, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Disneyland, Anaheim, San Diego and more.
Updated edition Mar 2018