Discover Sri Lanka with the most incisive guidebook. Whether you plan to explore the ancient ruins of Sigiriya, wander amid Ella's verdant tea plantations or explore the cave temples of Dambulla, The Rough Guide to Sri Lanka will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
* Independent, trusted reviews to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget. Full-colour chapter maps throughout to find your way amid Colombo's bustling bazaars or the museums and temples in Kandy.
* Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
* Things not to miss - rundown of the best sights and experiences in Sri Lanka.
* Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
* Detailed coverage - practical advice for every step of the way.
* Areas covered include: Colombo, Kandy, Ella, Galle, Sigiriya, Mirissa, Arugam Bay, Kataragama, Weligama, HortonPlains, Jaffna, Dambulla
* Attractions include: Adam's Peak, Temple of the Tooth, Yala National Park, World's End, Anuradhapura, The Pettah.
* Basics - practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, festivals, outdoor activities, national parks, culture, shopping, travelling with children and more.
* Background information - history, Sri Lankan Buddhism, Buddhist art and architecture, wildlife, tea and books, language section and glossary.
Updated edition Dec 2018