Whether you plan to go wildlife-spotting in the jungle, explore lofty Inca citadels or indulge in a pisco sour (or three), The Rough Guide to Peru will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
* Independent, trusted reviews written with a blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
* Full-colour chapter maps throughout – to navigate the colonial heart of Lima or wander the ancient streets of Cusco without needing to get online.
* Stunning images – a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
* Things not to miss – Rough Guides’ rundown of the best sights and experiences in Peru.
* Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
* Detailed coverage – this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
* Areas covered include: Lima; Trujillo; Cusco; the Sacred Valley; the Peruvian Amazon; Tarma and the Central Sierra; Arequipa and Lake Titicaca; Nazca; Huarez and the cordilleras; the south and Ancash coasts.
* Attractions include: Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail; the Nazca Lines; Huascarán National Park; Kuélap; the Ballestas Islands; Reserva Nacional Paracas; Sacsayhuaman; Pisac market; the Valley of the Pyramids.
* Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, festivals and events, sports and outdoor activities, costs and more.
* Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, wildlife and literature, plus a language section.
Updated edition Dec 2018