From the vibrant nightlife and art scene of Berlin to the more traditional region of Bavaria and its capital, Munich, Germany offers beautiful scenery, a thriving cultural scene, and hearty food and drink. Whether you are interested in a scenic drive through quaint half-timber towns, a scenic cruise down a castle-studded river, wine tasting in the country's top cellars, or a visit to a state-of-the-art automobile factory, there's something to see in Europe's biggest country.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE:Fully updated information on new openings and developments, including restaurants, hotels, and outdoor activities, for all of Germany's top destinations and undiscovered gems, from Cologne and Nuremburg to the Black Forest and the Romantic Road.
- ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE:A spectacular color photo guide highlights the ultimate unmissable experiences and attractions throughout Germany to inspire you.
- DETAILED MAPS:Full-size street maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES:Rich, full-color features invite you to experience the best of Germany, from Oktoberfest to King Ludwig's fairy-tale castles. Other features help you understand what to eat and drink and how to trace your Germany roots.
- HELPFUL ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS:Multiple sample itineraries to help you plan and make the most of your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS:Includes tools such as a country-level Need to Know planning section, a map with travel times by train, and recommended scenic drives and bike rides. Each chapter also has a helpful planning section with a color orientation map.
- COVERS:Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Heidelberg, the Romantic Road, the Black Forest, Cologne, the Rhineland, and more.
Updated edition Jan 2019